Thinking about having an engagement photoshoot, but find yourself not quite going ahead with booking? Over the past few years, engagement shoots have become quite common among couples getting married. There are many benefits to booking a session and here are just a few reasons and benefits of booking an engagement photoshoot.
- You get amazing photos! This reason is pretty self-explanatory right? Most couples are not professional models so they have never been on a photoshoot or in front of a camera. Let's face it, for most people the only photos they have together are selfies. Having some amazing photos of you as a couple leading up to your wedding day is priceless.
- It helps you get comfortable in front of the camera. You will also soon find out what works for you both as a couple. As I said earlier, most couples have not been in front of the camera, you may not know what shots you like or what you don’t like - or maybe you do. This is great for finding out what works for you as a couple, what angles suit you best. What shots do you love and what shots you don't like as much.
- There's no time restrictions or timeline and it’s all about you! Wedding days can be busy and be over in the blink of an eye. An engagement shoot is nice and relaxed. Nothing staged, and not too posey. It’s just you being you, and capturing you both as a couple.
- You will have the chance to get to know your photographer. Maybe you booked someone you follow on Instagram or they photographed your friends wedding? Your photographer will capture your special day in their style, but if they get the chance to know you both better, then they will have a better idea of what you’re looking for on the day.
- Top Tip; Why not combine your session with your hair and make-up trial so that you can see if you like how it feels for a few hours and also how it photographs. This gives you a chance to make any last minute tweaks before the big day if you'd like to.